Monday, April 27, 2009

Working In the Garden



This weekend I divided my succulent ground cover into several smaller pots because I am going to try to make a lawn out of them.


I started this pot from a "4 inch" pot I bought last summer. This is a ground cover that spreads, does not require much water, is a beautiful shade of green and does not need mowing. Is is a perennial, so it comes back every year and it tolerates our high altitude and heat. I start out with the right potting soil for our climate.




I have a neighbor who has 40 feet of this in her front yard and when it looks best I'll take a picture. Here's what my transplant pot looks like.




I think this is great for pots too...because they don't require a huge amount of water.

I was going to pull out my pansies and do my annuals because pansies won't last in the heat here...but I couldn't, I'll do it next week...the color is so beautiful!



Oh I can't wait for the roses...they are almost blooming. Here in the Rockies they bloom for Mother's Day.

Liz

1 comment:

Laura said...

What a great idea for ground cover. Living in deep South Texas I struggle to find something that will survive the heat. I have replaced my carpet grass 3 times in the backyard.
So frustrating.

Enjoyed visiting.

Laura

whitespraypaint.blogspot.com

 

blogger templates |