Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I have a GREAT Mom! She was born in 1938 and graduated in 1957, and experienced everything that was good about the 40s & 50s. There are lots of pictures of her in saddle shoes, and her high school sweater, having fun.



She remembers that during WWII, when she needed a dress and shoes for school, several family members donated their war ration coupons.



Also, that when she did her chores she could only listen to the radio, because no one owned a TV yet.

Courtesy Bill's Retro World


Later, she used to come home from school to watch the Mickey Mouse Club on TV, and American Bandstand.



And, in her senior of "West" high school she went to Murphy's Soda Fountain for a Cherry or Vanilla Coke...and listened to the Juke Box and the end of the counter.



She went to her Prom, and Danced to Elvis. She was honestly broken-hearted when he went to the Army.



One of things I love most about you Mom is your strong identity to the 50's and how a little bit of it is still with you today, especailly with your appreciation for a good soda.



I've learned so many things from you like, perseverance, hard work, love of nature... especially flowers, how to clean and how to have faith!

You are so much more than my little tribute to you here...but this is just how I think of you....as a girl from the 50s!



Happy Mother's Day

...to my Mom and all the other Mothers out there in blog land.


2 comments:

Geraldine said...

Your tribute was cute. I am sure your Mother will love it.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a precious tribute to your mom. I love all the things about the 50's. Such an innocent time. I know she appreciates your love and caring. Have a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. Hugs, Marty

 

blogger templates |